Yamaha RBX 374 Bass  » Other  »
  • This was by far the best bass at the store I went to for its price
  • I compared it to several basses which cost significantly more
  • The battery problem can be fixed by unplugging the bass after you play, because as long as it is plugged in the circuits stay on and drain the battery

• by lanmo12

I have recently purchased the Yamaha RBX 374 4 string bass guitar. It is my first bass and I am very satisfied with it. It has a rosewood fretboard, which has twenty four frets.

It has two humbucker pickups. One thing about these pickups that is very helpful that most people don’t realize is the thumb rests on each end of the pickups.

For people who play with their fingers and pluck the strings they

allow you to rest your thumb while your playing. For people who use picks this feature does not help them, but it does not hurt them either.

This was by far the best bass at the store I went to for its price. I compared it to several basses which cost significantly more.

Its sound is just as good. It is an extremely comfortable feel.

The curves in the body of the bass ...

• fit perfectly to my body and fit to any one else who has played my bass. I play my bass through to amps, a 60 watt SWR, and a 30 watt Hartke.

The SWR produces more power as would be expected but the bass sounds great through both. This bass also just looks beast.

I have had several people say they liked the way my bass looked and asked to play it. The only problems

i have with this bass is that it scratches very easily and that the batteries die very quickly.

The battery problem can be fixed by unplugging the bass after you play, because as long as it is plugged in the circuits stay on and drain the battery. You can fix the scratching problem by not dropping your bass.

I would give this bass a ten, but i can’t because of these two problems. Otherwise it is a great bass.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 122206383920830/k2311a0622/6.22.08