Nikko Royal Lake Hotel Yangon  » Hotels  »
40 Natmauk Road , Tamwe Township , Yangon , Myanmar
  • I decided to stay there on one of my trips
  • That all made things very convenient for business travellers like me

• by Mark Williams

During the time I was based in Bangkok, Thailand, I had to travel to Yangon, Myanmar, quite often on business trips. I stayed at different hotels in Yangon on those trips depending on the places I had to visit for business meetings. Nikko Royal Lake Hotel was one of the more recently opened hotels in the City at the time, and was gaining popularity. I decided to stay there on one of my trips.

It was a beautiful hotel. Not doubt at all that travellers to Yangon had been talking so much about the Hotel. I

felt so happy from the moment I walked into the reception lounge where the bellboy greeted me and led me to the reception desk.

The staff at the reception desk were all smiles and friendly welcoming me and helping me get the registration process done. It was a family-like environment. I recall the Sale Manager at the time was Thai Lady.

She was so courteous and hospitable too. I got an Executive Room on the 10 th. floor with a beautiful view of the Royal Lake, that’s where the name of the hotel was coming.

The ...

• room was very beautifully furnished with all the amenities to make the stay pleasant and comfortable. I have to note that one of the aspects that made Nikko Royal Lake Hotel more pleasant than the other hotels in the City of Yangon was the beauty of the Royal Lake on the banks of which the hotel was located. It was absolutely the right choice of site for a hotel.

It was not in the bustling centre of the City, but at the same time, not far from the business districts and the shopping centres, a mere

15 minutes by taxi. That all made things very convenient for business travellers like me. The restaurant on the ground floor was so spacious serving international, Thai, and Myanmar cuisunes.

The service was excellent. I took the opportunity to go to Shwedagon Pagoda, just 10 minutes from the Hotel too. Shwedagon Pagoda was one of the most sacred Pagodas in the Buddhist world.

I was very happy that I decided to stay at the Nikko Royal Lake Hotel. The stay was very comfortable and the hospitality of the staff was very outstanding. I look forward to staying at Nikko Royal Lake Hotel on my future visits to Yangon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22106383590730/k2311a0621/6.21.08