V&S Red Food Colouring (Powder)  » Food  »
2.5
  • I like to bake alot and I had recently read about using powdered food colouring in your icings because it does not change the consistency of the icing as the liquid ones might (depending on how much you add) For Christmas time I decided to buy some different varieties of food colours in the powdered form

• by RJR

For Christmas time I decided to buy some different varieties of food

colours in the powdered form. I made a variety of baked goods and different icings and one of the frosting I wanted to colour in particular was actually the wedding cake type frosting named fondant.

I made the fondant and it turned out just fine. I set aside some to colour ...

• in red to make ribbon strings for little squares of cakes that I would wrap in the white fondant first and lace with the red ribbon. I put in some of the red colouring in the separated fondant and stirred only to get a very light tinted rose pink type
        of colour instead!

It did not work out too well with the buttercream frosting either. I may stick to the liquid colours instead in the future or just try a different brand of food colouring powder if I find any. But I may just keep it for when I do need pink!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272106383570730/k2311a0621/6.21.08