Anna Maria Island Florida  » Travel  »
  • I like how it's still a small vacation destination with a strong local feel
  • I would strongly recommend Anna Maria Island to anyone

• by Marc

Ever since I was a little kid I’ve been going to Anna Maria Island on the West Coast of Florida. It’s a small tropical-like island located just South of Tampa.

It’s such a peaceful place to go. It’s a really small siland, just a few miles in length, and it hasn’t been developed with big condo buildings yet. I like how

it’s still a small vacation destination with a strong local feel.

On one side of the island there is a bay, which is great for fishing and jet skiing, and just a few blocks over is the beach. I absolutely love the beach. The sand is like fine white powder and the sound of the waves is so calming. When I’m ...

• there it’s like being in another world. I love to go looking for seashells; there are thousands in piles along the beach, washed up usually from the night before.

The water is always warm in the summer, sometimes nearing 100 degrees. Most of the time the waves are fairly calm, making it perfect for little kids who are normally scared of the

ocean. There’s nothing better than laying on a raft and floating in the calm waters.

The sunsets are amazing. There are no words to describe them. The beach gets fairly crowded when sunset time comes. It’s simply beautiful.

I would strongly recommend Anna Maria Island to anyone. It’s a great little island and a great place to escape all the stresses of life.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382106383490730/k2311a0621/6.21.08