Sky of Love (Japanese Movie)  » Movies  »
  • It's one of the songs that became an instant favourite to me
  • This show is definitely worth an 8/10 for me though, but some will feel it's too much of a fairy tale to be believable

• by BARRY

Sky of love was one of the few mobile phone love stories published on a book. It became really popular that the book sold for more than 11 million copies. I first came to know about the show in the cinemas, but did not actually managed to watched it that time, until i rented the DVD version recently.

Cell phone novels are one of the common sights in Japan these days, apparently, Japanese love to download things onto their cell phones. So cell phone novels are one of the things that they do. It was also told by the originator of the story that “Sky of Love” was indeed a true story. Whether it’s true

or not, it has gained so much popularity in Japan, that a manga version, and then a movie version was released.

The story is about 2 person, Mika and Hiro. Mika is totally clueless about relationship matters. They first met each other when Mika accidently bumped into Hiro. On one occasion, Hiro happened to find Mika’s cell phone in the library, so he left the cell phone in one of the shelves of the library, waiting for Mika to frantically find her cell phone there. After that event, Mika got curious over who Hiro was. And thus, they got closer together as days went by. They talked on the phone most of the time, chatting ...

• almost about anything. Love eventually blossomed, they began to meet each other, face to face, the story starts to revolve around that period.

I personally feel the show had lots of loopholes here and there. It leaves me questions how did Hiro ended up in that state in the later part of the story. But still, the story was really touching, especially at the ending portion. I do feel certain parts of the story is slightly unrealistic. I may not understand the girl well, but I really respect her love for Hiro. Mika really went all out for Hiro even after she got into another relationship with another guy. It might never happen in real

life, but I actually pitied the guy for being pushed around by Mika. But somehow, I do admit that Hiro and Mika made a lovely couple.

The soundtrack for the songs are relatively good. Including Yui Aragaki’s(Mika) “Heavenly Days”. It’s one of the songs that became an instant favourite to me. The real flaw lies with the music video, have a look yourself to understand why.

Actually I do feel that the show is really touching and emotional. I would think that watching it with your girlfriend/boyfriend or even your best buddy would be suitable. This show is definitely worth an 8/10 for me though, but some will feel it’s too much of a fairy tale to be believable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112106383450730/k2311a0621/6.21.08