Herbie Fully Loaded Movie  » Movies  »
  • When I first heard about the movie I was pretty impressed with the cast
  • I know the cast is star studded, but for me the real star of the movie is Herbie the love bug
  • I found myself laughing pretty hard at that scene
  • I think this movie is really cute and the only drawback is that it didn't launch a new franchise for the little love bug that I love

• by Jenn Eblin

Herbie Fully Loaded is one of those movies that I probably shouldn’t like, but somehow I really loved it. That doesn’t mean I’ll have the movie sitting out where my friends can see it, but I do love it. When I first heard about the movie I was pretty impressed with the cast. Somehow Disney managed to get Justin Long, Lindsay Lohan, Matt Dillon, and Michael Keaton in the same movie. I planned on seeing the movie early on, but somehow managed to never see it until it actually aired on television. After one showing I knew I had to buy it for myself.

I know the cast is star studded, but for me the real star of the movie is Herbie the love bug. I’ve been a fan of this movie since I was a kid and saw all the old movies. Seeing him back in action is so great that I wish they had made a stuffed version of the car to go along with the movie. His facial expressions and noises

are so cute that you almost forget or don’t realize that the rest of the cast is there for a paycheck. This is one of the last movies Lohan did before her stint in rehab and you can tell she’s not giving it her all. There are more than a few parts in the movie where she seems to just slow down and go through the motions instead of acting like a professional.

The supporting cast really steps up to the plate though. Keaton is a little hard to believe as Lohan’s possessive father because he kind of just hangs out in a few scenes. Dillon is stellar in his role as Trip, the super popular race car driver that Herbie beats in a street race. He plays the perfect swarthy character and he actually has some nice chemistry with Lohan. I actually thought they might do a subplot where the two had a relationship, but apparently they decided to skip that part despite their chemistry. Then there’s Justin Long who once again plays his same goofy character as he does in all his other movies. I also have to point out Cheryl Hines who did an awesome job in the few scenes she had as a sponsor.

I really do like this movie even though the plot is something that I’ve seen 700 times before. Lohan is a former street racer who gave up the sport after a crash. Keaton is the famous dad who doesn’t want her to race because she’s a girl. Of course she’s going to race and be really good at it.

One of the funniest scenes in the movie involves NASCAR drivers Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson. The two find Herbie at the track and walk around in circles. When Gordon mentions how much he likes the car, Herbie winks at him, leading Johnson to think his teammate has lost his mind. I found myself laughing pretty hard at that scene.

I think this movie is really cute and the only drawback is that it didn’t launch a new franchise for the little ...

Tanika says :

re : When I first heard about the movie I was pretty impressed with the cast
Me 2 when I was younger it was one of my all time favorite movies. I haven’t seen it in years though I need to watch it sometime

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112106383430730/k2311a0621/6.21.08