University of Melbourne  » Education  »
  • I prefer this kind of environment as this gives me a feeling of freedom instead of being treated like primary school kids
  • It isn't surprising if there are zombies or naked people running around in in the uni, and I think these are really good amusements for students, reminding us not to be just immersed in studies
  • I do not regret being here doing my major in my past few years
  • I do strongly recommend anyone who is interested in furthering their studies in tertiary level to consider University of Melbourne, it won't disappoint you

• by Feng

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

Just right after I finished my high school studies, I came Melbourne, Australia to further my studies in University of studies, doing my degree in biological science.

When i first got to the university, my first impression was, this is so cool that there is no proper entrance getting into the university (which means it is not surrounded by fence). I prefer this kind of environment as this gives me a feeling of freedom instead of being treated like primary school kids. The school compound gave me a feeling of being in a “real” university, as in the buildings all maintained their old-fashion architecture. One of the representative

building in the uni is the botany school main building, which has all the ivy-crawling over it.

Wandering around in the school compound can be quite a fancied thing to do, as there are lots and lots of weird people crossing by all the time. It isn’t surprising if there are “zombies” or naked people running around in in the uni, and I think these are really good amusements for students, reminding us not to be just immersed in studies.

Another featured representation of my uni is the union house, where everyone comes to for lunch,relax,discussion,club activities etc. One thing that may surprise you (at least I was ...

• surprised), is that you can find comics in the library in Union house. All kinds of comics to be read whenever you are free, on a bean bag or on a sofa, just to provide a comfortable environment for the students for relaxing purpose.

Having said libraries, there are more than 10 libraries in the uni (I haven’t found all of them after being here for 4 years!!!). Chemistry library, biology library, architecture library, law library, computer science library, engineering library, commerce library, biomedical library, and the most famous and populated Bailieu library). As a typical university library, nerds (me sometimes) can be found here from 8am in

the morning till 3am after midnight!!

As a biological science student, I think that the science stream in Melbourne University is really performing excellency. Having all the scientific elites (even Nobel prize winners) in the uni compound, and also research institutes that are affiliated nearby, Melbourne University becomes one of the most renowned research universities in the world. I do not regret being here doing my major in my past few years.

I do strongly recommend anyone who is interested in furthering their studies in tertiary level to consider University of Melbourne, it won’t disappoint you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 502106382930630/k2311a0621/6.21.08