STRIPES Comedy  » Movies  »
  • I have reached that age where a lot of the movies I thought were fantastic when I was younger kids today haven't even heard of
  • If you haven't seen it, you most definitely should
  • I love this movie and it never fails to make me laugh even when I know what is coming

• by Micah Scott

I have reached that age where a lot of the movies I thought were fantastic when I was younger kids today haven’t even heard of. STRIPES, a 1981 Columbia Pictures release staring Bill Murray, is one of those. If you haven’t seen it, you most definitely should.

This movie is about a guy named John Winger (Murray)

who really has nothing going in his life so he talks his best friend into joining the army with him. His friend is played by Harold Ramis who was also is Ghostbusters with Murray. Winger is a screw-off, imagine that, and quickly finds that his commanding officer doesn’t really tolerate that sort of behavior. Despite being put into possibly the worst division of soldiers the army has ever had, Winger and his platoon, which also includes John Candy, some how graduate basic training. They are sent over seas on a mission where Winger once again gets himself into trouble. In the end he is called into action to save ...

• STRIPES Comedy
      the country, or at least rescue his platoon mates and a highly classified recreational vehicle, from the clutches of the enemy.

STRIPES is one of those great 80’s movies that a lot of people are just to young to know about. It is rated R, but by today’s standards it would probably be PG 13. Bill

Murray and the rest of the cast are extremely funny and if you enjoy him or comedies this is a great film to see. I love this movie and it never fails to make me laugh even when I know what is coming. Bill Murray is at his best and the rest of the cast makes it even funnier.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112106382790630/k2311a0621/6.21.08