Kitchen Aid Professional 5 Plus Series Stand Mixer  » Housewares  »
  • I have made bread dough, pizza dough, countless batches of cookies, cake batter, frosting, pie crust, choux pastry, puddings and pie fillings, cheesecakes, and I know I am forgetting others
  • My only regret is that I did not spend the extra money on the 6-quart version

• by Heather Carter

My husband bought this mixer for me just over 3 years ago. I love to bake for my family. I was getting more adventurous in my baking and moving onto bread dough and thick batters that my little hand-mixer just couldn’t handle. I was also pregnant at the time, and standing at the counter running the hand mixer was tiring. I had my eye on the Kitchen Aid series of mixers for years, and finally my husband said, “enough with the hand mixer you’re getting the Kitchen Aid!”

It took me a long time to pick out my Kitchen Aid. I knew that I wanted a bowl-lift rather than the tilt-head. I really wanted the next model up, with the 6-quart capacity bowl. That mixer was just a little too expensive at the time,

so I finally went with the 5-Plus model. This version of the popular Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer features a bowl-lift arm and a 5-quart capacity bowl.

In the past three years, I have mixed countless recipes in my mixer. I have made bread dough, pizza dough, countless batches of cookies, cake batter, frosting, pie crust, choux pastry, puddings and pie fillings, cheesecakes, and I know I am forgetting others. The Kitchen Aid mixer keeps up with even the heaviest bread and pizza dough. The dough hook takes all of the hard work out of kneading dough. The wire whip beats egg whites quickly and easily. The paddle attachment is great for bread and cake batters.

The Kitchen Aid Professional 5 Plus Series mixer has completely changed my baking habits. I always loved to ...

• bake, but I did not realize how much but mixing by hand or with the hand mixer limited my baking. I used to have to be in the mood for baking, because I knew that it would take a lot of time to set up, prep, and clean-up. Now I whip out a batch of cookies after dinner without a second thought. I can be a totally spontaneous baker with a well-stocked pantry and my Kitchen Aid.

It is still running strong after three years of regular use. It looks great, too. The bowl and other accessories clean up easily and still look like new. The housing just needs a quick wipe-down after each use. The bowl-lift feature runs the bowl up and down quite smoothly and it locks the bowl securely in place. The motor

is powerful, and keeps the attachments running evenly through any type of dough or batter. My baking used to be pretty basic, but since I started using this Kitchen Aid mixer, my baking is at a whole new level. I love using the Kitchen Aid. It makes me feel like a professional baker working in a commercial kitchen somewhere.

My only regret is that I did not spend the extra money on the 6-quart version. The 5-quart is fine for single-batch mixing, but the bowl is just a little too small for doubling a lot of the recipes I use regularly. I know that eventually I’ll upgrade to the 6-quart commercial version of the mixer. For now though, I am very satisfied with my mixer. I give it a 9 out of 10 rating.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532006382510430/k2311a0620/6.20.08