Clinton Street Bakery NY  » Business  »
4 Clinton Street (btw. East Houston & Stanton), New York, NY 10002
  • For those of you who have been to New York City you probably ate breakfast at an average bagel place (I mean average for NYC not the rest of the world)

• by Reid

For those of you who have been to New York City you probably ate breakfast at an average bagel place (I mean average for NYC not the rest of the world). Or, you ate at a mediocre diner. Well, for those of you looking for something really special the Clinton Street Bakery is it. Why? The food. Duh. None of the silly decor tricks. The Clinton Street Bakery is

tucked away in the Lower East Side and it doesn’t look like much on the outside but walk in and smell the aroma of breakfast the way it was meant to be.

They are renowned for their pancakes and I am in love with their Banana French toast topped with pecans and served with hot maple butter syrup. It’s just amazing. I never had maple butter before and as soon ...

• as I tried it, it was as if I met the love of my life. Perhaps a bit exaggerated. But after waiting 1 hour for a table for 7 I was really hungry and it was that good.

Now, Some of you may wonder about the wait that I just described but keep in mind that time I went with a group of 7 at 10Am during Christmas week when

NYC is covered with millions of tourists. When I went on a Friday morning in June the wait for 6 people was 20 minutes.

In my opinion. Breakfast should not be a continental breakfast at your hotel or a bagel from the deli around the corner. Make it an adventure. Take the subway, bus, or taxi to the Clinton Street Bakery and fill your mouth with a piece of heaven.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 412006382500430/k2311a0620/6.20.08