NASCAR Nationwide Race June 7, 2008
2.5
  • I think that he kept hearing all the hype surrounding his talent and began to believe that he should just dominate right out of the gate
  • When the race came down to the end, I found myself on the edge of my seat hoping that David Reutimann would pull out the win
  • I don't like Keselowski and I don't think he has the talent that he thinks he does
  • It doesn't help that he's inherited some fans from Dale Earnhardt Junior who think he's the best driver around
  • As a David Stremme fan I was happy to see him pull out a top 5 finish

• by Jenn Eblin

As a die hard NASCAR fan you’ll find me sitting in front of the television or in the stands for every NASCAR event including both the Sprint Cup races and the Nationwide races. Every so often there’s a race that makes me turn off the television and the June 7, 2008 Nationwide race in Nashville was one of those races. The race started off exciting if only because it was one of those races where the full-time Nationwide Series drivers actually have a shot to win. Instead of the large number of Cup drivers who usually appear in these races, this one had only 6 drivers from that series taking part. Since the Cup race was in Pennsylvania, not a lot of drivers wanted to make the long journey south. Racing phenomenon Joey Lagano was lucky enough and some could argue talented enough to wind up with the pole for the event.

As the race started I began to see why everyone was rooting for Lagano. The kid got out in front of the field and stayed out there without a single challenge from anyone. Then the inevitable happened and he

crashed into the wall. When the cameras cut to him in the garage as his team worked on the car, I have to say that I was a little disgusted with his attitude. This is clearly a case of a driver who got too big for his britches. I think that he kept hearing all the hype surrounding his talent and began to believe that he should just dominate right out of the gate. His last race he pouted over a top 6 finish and this time pouted over a crash. Other drivers would have gotten out of the car and tried to help, but he sat inside and moped. Though he’s just starting out, I have to say that his attitude is a big turn off and he’s not going to win any fans if he keeps this up.

When the race came down to the end, I found myself on the edge of my seat hoping that David Reutimann would pull out the win. Though I wouldn’t call myself a fan of his, I think he’s a very good driver and capable of more than he’s shown with his current ...

• equipment. Once the caution came out, I reached for the remote. Brad Keselowski won the race, but I turned the channel when he inherited the lead. I don’t like Keselowski and I don’t think he has the talent that he thinks he does. He seems very cocky to me and he acts like all the other drivers should bow down to him. It doesn’t help that he’s inherited some fans from Dale Earnhardt Junior who think he’s the best driver around. Considering how long he’s been racing in that series without a win, I don’t think he’s quite as good as other people believe.

As a David Stremme fan I was happy to see him pull out a top 5 finish. He seems to be working well with the guys at Rusty Wallace Inc and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him end up with a full-time Cup ride again in the near future and potentially next year. This was an okay race, but it wasn’t as exciting as it is when the Cup drivers dominate the field.

ParagraphDivider

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 351906381510330/k2311a0619/6.19.08