Rider University  » Education  »
1.5
2083 Lawrenceville Road (Rt 206), Lawrenceville, NJ
  • Once I began attending the school, I found that because I lived in the building that tours were given to, not only did the tour guides lie but they were all trained to tell the SAME lies
  • And to the high-school age party animals that this sounds amazing

• by muern0s

Rider Univertisy was, undoubtedly, the worst decision I’ve made in my entire life. Once I began attending the school, I found that because I lived in the building that tours were given to, not only did the tour guides lie but they were all trained to tell the SAME lies.

Granted that this past school year would not have been the “best” first impression time. At least 7 people combined from both campuses have died between march of 2007 and march 2008. 7 people, including one professor. There has been at least one rape, possibly two that mayb not have been reported as heavily as all the deaths,

but it’s an even more unsettling thought, especially for girls living on campus. Not to mention, the Lawrenceville PD is CONNECTED to Rider’s Lawrenceville campus and yet these things continue to happen that’s even MORE unsettling. The actual public safety officers of the school are mostly rather up-there in age (50 years old and up, plus quite a few 60 & 70+), so god-forbid something does happen on campus not much can be expected from the public safety.

The school is located in the middle of nowhere; because there isn’t much locally for students to do, they turn to drinking which has resulted in several substance abusers ...

• and I myself have met at least 3 19 year-old alcoholics at the school. Its unfortunate, but true. And to the high-school age “party animals” that this sounds “amazing!” to? It’s not. Parties are busted all the time, they’re making ridiculous punishments regarding alcohol even if you yourself aren’t caught with it. If you’re in the room with it, you’re still in trouble. It’s not even worth the trouble, they’re doing everything in their power to make it a “dry” campus. It will never happen, but the restrictions just don’t seem to be enough for panicking parents who are quick to point fingers when their child is irresponsible
        with alcohol.

To be honest as well, the school has a terrible retention rate. Half of the friends I’ve made either dropped out or transferred, and I’ll be transferring sometime next year as well. The professors are great, they’ve helped me out a TON, but Rider university is not worth the $39,000/year price. For that price, you may as well be going to school down the road at Princeton. This may sound like a rant, but I wish someone had been able to tell me these things before I committed to the school. I hope to be able to inform some other people before they make the same mistake I did.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 501906381300330/k2311a0619/6.19.08