Craft Warehouse Kennewick WA  » Business  »
2.0
7411 W. Canal Dr. Kennewick, WA
  • I'm not especially impressed by this store

• by junebug

As someone who likes to do crafts, I’m interested in any place that I can find supplies in my area. There aren’t many so-called craft stores in the Tri-Cities. Just two, mainly: Michael’s and Craft Warehouse.

I’m not especially impressed by this store. It calls itself a craft store, yet once inside you’ll notice that

only about a quarter of the store is actually dedicated to craft supplies. The rest is home decor, floral arrangement, candles, baskets, and fabrics.

Michael’s is bad enough with this sort of thing, but Craft Warehouse is much worse. I could get much of the same stuff at Wal-Mart.

Frankly, I’m frustrated by the lack of ...

• good craft supply stores anymore. I used to shop frequently at Ben Franklin Crafts, Wagner’s, and Import Outlet (odd name for a craft store, yet it was- and a good one) in Tacoma where I used to live, until these stores all closed.

Now, even in a fairly large city like Tacoma, all that’s left

is Michael’s and Artco (a decent store) on 6th Ave. Michael’s rarely has what I’m looking for. Craft Warehouse almost never does.

I’m sick of these places that call themselves craft stores, that don’t really even specialize in crafts. Why bother? Craft Warehouse ought to be renamed ‘Candle, Basket, and Flower Warehouse’.

If the name fits, wear it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 411906381220330/k2311a0619/6.19.08