The King of the Apes movie  » Movies  »
2.0
  • However, even though I loved this film as a child, I don't think it survived time very good
  • I'd rather remember films as amazing instead of realising they are actually quite bad

• by limonar
      An old chinese animated film about the king of the apes who rebels against the Gods to claim the throne of Jade. The film was made in 1965, and only that is worth some

extra credit, not least of all because it was made in China that aren’t really known for their animation talents. However, even though I loved this film as a child, I don’t think it ...

• survived time very good. Most of the content appear very, very dated to me and even the values and prejudice seem like something of the past. I rewatched the film recently for the first
        time since childhood, and it was a big, big disappointment. Perhaps it’s better to keep the illusions one have of films from the childhood. I’d rather remember films as amazing instead of realising they are actually quite bad.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11240238031228/k2311a0224/2.24.06