Movie Because I Said So  » Movies  »
  • They have some sort of problem with their relationship (in this case, she's seeing another man) and it looks like they are going to wind up breaking up for good only to have them get back together after the guy gives a compassionate speech to win her heart back completely
  • So, though I felt a major case of déjà vu when I watched it, I also found I enjoyed it a bit more than I thought I would
  • While not the best romantic comedy on your video store shelves, I think it is a movie you would enjoy and would definitely recommend it

• by Steve

I was very reluctant to watch the movie “Because I said So”. That’s not because I’m not a fan of Diane Keaton or Mandy Moore. It’s because most romantic comedies have the same basic plot and I knew this one wouldn’t be any different.

And, I was right. However, after watching it, I will admit it was a better movie than I first

thought it would be.

Keaton plays a mother who is divorced and unhappy. To take her mind off of that, she focuses on her daughter (played by Moore) and works to help her fall in love with a man (like women necessarily need that to be happy; thanks for setting feminism back a couple decades Hollywood).

Overall, the plot was the same as every other romantic comedy out there. Girl meets guy.

Girl falls in love with guy. They have some sort of problem with their relationship (in this case, she’s seeing another man) and it looks like they are going to wind up breaking up for good only to have them get back together after the guy gives a compassionate speech to win her heart ...

• Movie Because I Said So
      back completely.

If it weren’t for the whole “mom interference” theme, this would be exactly like four other movies I’ve seen in the past two months. The cast does a great job of making it work though and there are plenty of funny scenes ranging from the mother interviewing dozens of potential suitors to Moore winding up with a balloon stuck on her

backside.

So, though I felt a major case of déjà vu when I watched it, I also found I enjoyed it a bit more than I thought I would. At least I didn’t feel like it was a big waste of time on my part.

While not the best romantic comedy on your video store shelves, I think it is a movie you would enjoy and would definitely recommend it.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111706380180130/k2311a0617/6.17.08