Meet the Spartans  » Movies  »
  • I'm slowly becoming more disappointed with the way comedy movies are going in the United States

• by Zane

I’m slowly becoming more disappointed with the way comedy movies are going in the United States. There was a time where I could go to the movies (a comedy) and find myself laughing hysterically for a good hour and a half.

Now I find myself staring at the screen wondering who in their right mind thought that this might even force a chuckle out of the small audience they managed to gather.

In this case I am talking about Meet the Spartans.

Having liked Scary Movie 1,2, and 3, I had kinda hoped that Meet the Spartans wouldn’t reach the same fate as Epic Movie or Date Movie (I hated them, not funny)

… But sadly they did.

I don’t know if it was because they tried to hard or because their humor just wasn’t smart enough, but I definately ...

• wanted to laugh and couldn’t even find myself able to force a smile.

From the beginning the used the same plot as the 300, which makes a lot of sense.

But it seemed like I was just watching an unfunny remake without the high-def fighting.

Honestly I may have laughed more at the actual 300 than this movie.

Sadly, I am not exaggerating.

They use scenes such as a dance off and

poking fun at brittany spears in order to get cheap laughs but it doesn’t work.

I don’t know if I am just biased but I strongly urge everyone not to waste their time with this movie.

It was cheaply made and seems like it took only a few seconds to create.

Instead go watch the actual 300 movie and pretend its Meet the Spartans, because I can assure you you’ll have a better time.

Meet the Spartans

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111606379250230/k2311a0616/6.16.08