Movie Message in a Bottle (1999)  » Movies  »
1.0
  • Definitely not my cup of tea in any way shape or form

• by Jermaine McKenzie

Message in a Bottle, directed by Luis Mandoki is rated PG-13 by the Motion Picture Association of America for a scene of sexuality. The original release date was February 12, 1999 for United States audience. This movie falls in the genre of Drama/Romance and stars Kevin Costner as Garret Blake, Robin Wright

Penn as Theresa Osborne, Paul Newman as Dodge Blake and John Savage as Johnnu Land.

Theresa finds a message in a bottle (hence the title of the film) and decides to find out who the person is who wrote it. And that is the movie in a nutshell.

This is your typical romantic drama wrapped up nicely in a bun and served luke warm. Definitely not my cup of tea in any way shape or form. I was actually dared to sit and watch this movie and can I tell you, it was sheer torture. I was caught napping, dosing, sleeping through the majority of this ...

• Movie Message in a Bottle (1999)
      snooze fest that they call a love story.

I have seen my share of chick flick and love stories in the past and this one has got to be the lamest one that I have ever seen. (All in one breath). LOL!

Gimme some dynamite, C4 or any other movie that sports some destruction

and we have a formula for success. This movie was far from it. This is for the seasoned drama inspired people who adore am escape into the world of fictional romance.

Word of advice to the not so dramatically inclined…Run far far away if you see this movie enter you home. LOL! Just kidding…or am I?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111506378920230/k2311a0615/6.15.08