Friendbot Suite Myspace software  » Software  »
0.5
  • I, like most people I know, run several Myspace accounts for multiple reasons
  • My number one mistake was not confirming with my friend that Friendbot was the software that he intended to recommend to me
  • I paid for and downloaded Friendbot Suite 5.1 from their site and got a big fat pile-o-good-for-nothing, non-working software
  • In fact, I found myself in a sea of hundreds who had downloaded the non-working software and could solicit no help from the staff at Friendbot

• by Designs By Bren

I, like most people I know, run several Myspace accounts for multiple reasons. I have a personal page, a page for the indie film I just produced, a page for my candle business, a page for my touring theatre company, and finally, I have a scam watchdog account that keeps Myspacers up-to-date on who’s scamming who in the field of wedding photography. I recently found myself unable to effectively run all five accounts and live a normal, non-computer oriented life. Thus, I asked for solutions from my RL (real life) friends, one of whom recommended I download a non-specific software to manage my “friend requests/adds” and “mass comments”. I cannot stress to you enough to get SPECIFIC information when a friend recommends a product or service to you, or you

could get scammed.

I took my friend’s advice to download a software to help me run four of my five Myspace accounts. I navigated to “Google” and innocently typed “Myspace friend manager software” into the “search” bar on the homepage. The first link that appeared was “Friendbot.com” which offered several “suites” of software ranging from $19.95 to $55.50. The description of the software and its promise of ease of use and affordability got me - hook, line and sinker. My number one mistake was not confirming with my friend that “Friendbot” was the software that he intended to recommend to me.

I paid for and downloaded “Friendbot Suite 5.1″ from their site and got a big fat pile-o-good-for-nothing, non-working software. I should have been tipped off by their promises of grandeur ...

• like,

“• Allows you to search bands • Message only online users • Import friends from the page you are on • Send messages to users with pictures only • Import the friends of someone else!”

etc., etc. While most Myspace helper programs may do this, what I should have been looking for in a software were lines boasting “24/7 technical support,” and “ranked number 1 in customer satisfaction”. For what I got for my $55.50 was a cute little orange icon on my desktop that does nothing. The program I downloaded was corrupt. I went back to the Friendbot website to ask for technical assistance and got none. I filled out the tech support “ticket” twice with no response. Further, there is no customer service phone number or

address to write to, so I had no recourse for getting A) technical help or B) a refund. In fact, I found myself in a sea of hundreds who had downloaded the non-working software and could solicit no help from the staff at Friendbot.com. Upon further (hind sight) research, I ran across post after post on their own forum asking for technical help from other users. The tone of these consumers was total desperation, as they were literally begging for suggestions on how to get the program to work properly.

In the end, after a month of trying to get Friendbot.com to own up to their sub-par-bordering-on-fraudulent-sales-practices, I finally went to my bank and filed a fraud complaint against them and requested a credit back from my own financial institution.

I would not recommend Friendbot.com to my worst enemy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 301506378350130/k2311a0615/6.15.08