New Zealand Vegetarian Cheddar Cheese  » Food  »
  • Grilled cheese sandwiches come out so gooey and delicious when I use this cheese
  • I would recommend taking it out the fridge and letting it haw to room temperature before using to make it easier when you need to cut or grate the cheese

• by RJR

I have been eating New Zealand vegetarian cheddar cheese for as long as I can remember. It’s a popular and standard cheese in our country and it is perfect to use in almost any dish you are making or to just eat by itself or with a dash of pepper sauce.

The cheese itself is a semi-hard cheese and melts

really well if you want to make cheese fondue for dipping stuff into or to make grilled cheese sandwiches! Grilled cheese sandwiches come out so gooey and delicious when I use this cheese. It also leaves my homemade pizza with a lovely layer of cheesy goodness without losing the taste at all.

When this cheese is placed in the fridge,

• because of it’s semi-hard nature when at room temperature, it hardens up quite a bit when introduced into frigid temperatures. I would recommend taking it out the fridge and letting it haw to room temperature before using to make it easier when you need to cut or grate the cheese. This cheese only comes in rectangular blocks and are
        never sold pre-grated. When you open the package thought you need to use this cheese fast because it can grow mold easily, probably because of the little moisture it has to keep it semi-hard.

Overall, I would recommend giving this cheese a try if you are a cheese lover. I have tried many different cheeses but always come back to this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271306377611030/k2311a0613/6.13.08