Philly Car Share  » Cars  »
mainly Philadelphia, PA; also serving Chester, PA and Delaware
  • Philly Car Share is an amazing service that allows users to reserve cars at affordable hourly rates, just as you would with a rental car
  • After visiting their website, I decided to join
  • Whenever you fall below 1/4 tank, you simply fill it back up at no cost to you

• by hiddentreasure

Philly Car Share is an amazing service that allows users to reserve cars at affordable hourly rates, just as you would with a rental car. I have been a member now for almost two years, and I must say that it has greatly impacted my life. Before I had a car, I was crippled by a lack of transportation. Sure there are buses and trains that go practically everywhere in the city, but it was such a hassle traveling with small children.

Thankfully, my brother told me about Philly Car Share. I had seen their logo on the sides of cars around the city but

never knew what it was all about. After visiting their website, I decided to join.

Signing up was a breeze; the application was relatively short and I didn’t have to pay anything. I received my membership packet by the end of that same week. The pods, or designated locations where cars can be picked up and dropped off, are situated all over the city.

There were five or six within a 2-3 mile radius of my house. I could jump on one bus and be at the pod within a half-hour. 90% of the time there is a car available somewhere, and you ...

• can reserve up to minutes in advance.

The rates are quite reasonable for the service. At as little as $3. 90 per hour, I can spend the afternoon running errands and not break the bank.

Furthermore, there is no deposit required or money held on my credit card. I don’t have to pay for the entire day for just a few hours of driving like most car rental companies have you doing. I also like the fact that Philly Car Share had such a variety of cars in its fleet.

The Prius hybrid is the most noticeable, but they also have Camrys, Civics, minivans, and

even a few luxury cars like the Audi and Lexus. The cars are fully insured and there is no extra charge for that either. Best of all, gas is FREE.

Yes, you read that right — gas is FREE. Each car comes with a gas card. Whenever you fall below 1/4 tank, you simply fill it back up at no cost to you.

Philly Car Share helps you out by providing a ride, and you help out the environment by sharing a car. It’s great! Even though I own my own vehicle now, I have decided to keep the Philly Car Share account, just in case.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 91306377440930/k2311a0613/6.13.08