Robin McGraw Inside My Heart Live with Passion and Purpose  » Books  »
  • I found myself laughing out loud several times - kinda embarrasing when your at the doctors office

• by Janet

High Recommend, especially for moms!

Robin McGraw, Inside My Heart, Choosing to Live with Passion and Purpose. Robin is the wife of Dr. Phil McGraw (from TV). This is her first book.

So far, this is already my BEST Summer read. Robin begins by giving a basic introduction of her family and Dr. Phil. She then talks about a woman’s heart and mind from her perspective. This it where it gets fun. She starts to tell us stories of her childhood, how she first met Dr. Phil and her family. I found myself laughing out loud several times - kinda embarrasing

when your at the doctors office.

I loved the stories of ‘her family’. I cried when her mother died and all the weird things that surround her mothers death. I cheered for her as a little girl trying to keep it together while her dad was an alcoholic. She was so brave. I was furious with Dr. Phil for some of the things he would say to her because he wasn’t thinking.

I do not have children of my own but I have done foster care for several years. I never considered myself a ‘real’ mother until I read Robin’s book. She explains what ...

• a real mother is.

She talks about how to make a marriage/relationship work even when things around you are chaotic or stressful.

There were many things in her book that are what I call MOTIVATORS for everyday life. I have typed about a page worth of her sayings to help keep me motivated and remind me how blessed I am.

At the end, she invites the reader to share their story with her.

I found my copy of the book at a used book store for $8.00. You may find a copy at your local library or even eBay. Either way, if you end up paying full price

for the book, you will be making a good investment. I plan on keeping this book on my library shelf so that I can stay motivated and re-read it.

This is a hardback book with 220 pages. The text size is larger than most and makes it very easy to read through fast. Although, I savored every page.

There was only one annoying thing about the book. At times, Robin would repeat the same stories or repeat over and over how wonderful Dr. Phil was. Kinda annoying at times but it did seem to work overall in the book. They are most definately the perfect couple.

Enjoy, Janet

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171306377190930/k2311a0613/6.13.08