Practical Grammar in Focus  » Books  »
  • The only thing I would definitely improve, would be to provide a list of the correct answers for the test sections, that would give the student more self confidence

• by Tanya

If you are trying to learn English as a second language or just to refresh your grammar, this is the absolutely best book for it. I have used it in my studies in high school, and now years later I still have it.

If find it necessary to refresh my knowledge once in a while because

the slang and the everyday street language that I use, sometimes makes me forget the finer rules of the English language.

I have even used it to teach other people and they were amazed at how easy it was to understand the rules they have previously struggled to learn.

The book is divided into units.

Each ...

• one provides a chart showing the grammatical rules.

It is so plain and organized there is no need to summarize anything, only to understand and memorize.

Each chart if followed by a series of exercises, which may seem a bit too easy, but they actually help you retain the learned information.

At the end of each

section, there are series of more difficult exercises designed to test your knowledge.

And if that wasn’t good enough, the book even has jokes to keep you entertained.

The only thing I would definitely improve, would be to provide a list of the correct answers for the test sections, that would give the student more self confidence.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171206376380230/k2311a0612/6.12.08