Ritemed Ascorbic Acid  » Health  »
  • But when I found out that Ritemed was a cheaper alternative, I quickly tried it and so far so good
  • I have been taking the vitamin for a month now and I am happy with it, not just because it is cheaper but it definitely equals the branded ones in terms of efficiency
  • My skin has improved and I have noticed better absorption of the other medicines I am taking

• by farrah jane mondejar

I am a heavy smoker so it is imperative that I take ascorbic acid, or to some people Vitamin C, regularly. I used to take brand name Vitamin C and I purchase a minimum of a hundred tablets so it is quite expensive I should say.

But when I found out that Ritemed was

a cheaper alternative, I quickly tried it and so far so good.

I have been taking the vitamin for a month now and I am happy with it, not just because it is cheaper but it definitely equals the branded ones in terms of efficiency.

My skin has improved and I have noticed better ...

• absorption of the other medicines I am taking.

I also do not get tired easily and overall, i am a healthy and happy person without having to have my budget suffer from high-priced medicines in the market.

My only comment would be, aggressive advertising please.

I would not have known about this product if

a friend hadn’t introduced me to it.

I have yet to see a TV, radio or print ad about this product.

I am sure once they promote Ritemed products especially Ascorbic Acid, a lot of people would want to buy, just like in my case.

Overall, I am happy I have made the switch.

Julia says :

can i ask if Ritemed Ascorbic acid is Harmful for 3 month pregnant for overusage it?

galega says :

In certain circumstance, your doctor can prescribe it… You can take it but only after getting suggestions from your doctor…

anne says :

What kind of vit.c to take of weak immune system?..my brother take potec cee but he stop because of stomachache..

Galega says :

You should ask him to take Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) which may improve the immune system. Ensure to take it after having meal.

Poten C should not cause stomach pain. If the pain persists, you should consult a doctor for proper diagnosis.

efril says :

is it harmful to baby or developing fetus when taken by women whose 7 weeks pregnant one tablet a day 500mg

M says :

Hi Efril,

Theres nothing wrong when taking Vitamin C while your pregnant, however, Some studies show that taking too much vitamin C in the form of supplements during pregnancy may increase the risk of preterm birth. Just to be sure, consult your doctor.

Galega says :

I suggest you to lower down your dose significantly. The optimum amount of Vitamin C that you should take daily is not more than 85 mg. Obviously, you are taking too much, which MAY do harm to fetus.

Stop it immediately, and look for an alternative in the recommended range.

foreza says :

Hi, Is ritemed ascorbic acid prone to discoloration?, I use to take Rhea Ascorbic Acid but since the tablet is not in coated type there is always a yellow discoloration appears, i needed to take my vitamin C in partner with my Cosmo Skin Glutathione supplement. Do you thing this the better Vitamin C to take together with my Cosmo SKin?

M says :

Hi Foreza,

Yes. It is prone to discoloration esepeciall when you will open the cap or expose it to air. Tried ritemed, the effect is fine. If your planning to take it together with your cosmo skin, include Vitamin E also for faster effects.

Joanna says :

Hi forenza,

Most vitamin C is prone to discoloration (mostly notably a yellow color) when it isn’t coated. The coloring is due to exposure to air and age. It is normal, but if the vitamin C is more than a few months old, it is worth investing in a fresh bottle as overtime it will breakdown and its effectiveness will be diminished. This would probably be a good idea too since your taking it in conjunction with your Cosmo Skin.

I take ascorbic acid in conjunction my Murad products to help block sun damage and I have noticed a difference in the way I feel and how the product works if I am taking old Vitmain tablets. My general rule is that if they are discolored, I throw them out and get a new bottle.

One final note, you can help that discoloration by replacing the cotton in bottle. The leaving the cotton in the bottle seems to help limit that some.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joanna

rhea says :

does ritemed ascorbic acid, contain bioflavinoids or rose-hip? i would really like to know the answer asap.

Angie Montealegre says :

It only contains ascorbic acid.

Galega says :

There is no need to look for bioflavinoids or rose-hit loaded Vitamin C supplement. Many doctors believe it to be a myth that using these two stuffs help in better absorption. On the contrary, in some cases, these stuffs made the absorption tough. Remember, Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin.

As mentioned in the other answer, Ritemed Ascorbic Acid only contains Ascorbic Acid (500 mg).

Chrystal says :

Does smoking pull vitamin C from your body? I too am a smoker and for as much as I see my doctor he has never once suggested I take anything other than a multivitamin for the iron content. He knows I smoke too

junmae says :

Vitamin C protects the body from the bad effect of smokes. If you are smoker, your Vitamin C intake should be higher than the usual dose because it will help your body from the bad effects of smoke.

Ross says :

I never knew that vitamin c fights the effects of smoking. Although I doubt I will begin taking supplements as I really enjoy most of the natural foods with vitamin c in them. If anyone is unsure of using supplements, natural sources are safe and readily available.

Joanna says :

Hi Chrystal,

In an indirect way smoking does pull vitamin C from the body. What happens is that the body attempts to fight off the tobacco, tar, and other waste products that are in cigarette smoke, this is especially true over the long term when smoking begins to damage skin cells, organs, and body tissue. The body must pull significant amount of vitamin C to help reverse the damage done.

My husband used to smoke and after he quit, his doctor put him on a higher amount of vitamin C and other such things to help repair the damage done, particularly to skin.

If you are wanting to fight the effects of smoking, the first thing to do is to stop smoking and then talk to your doctor about taking more vitamin C.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joanna

Anna M says :

I’m quite concerned with these ritemed ascorbic acid tablets. I’m used to take capsulated vitamin C because tablet forms are harmful for the liver compared to the capsule form. I bought the ritemed becuase it was cheaper. What are your thoughts on this repapipz?

Galega says :

Yes, it is cheaper. However, it may not be an ideal solution in all cases. Remember, it contains only Ascorbic Acid. It means one capsule of Ritemed Ascorbic Acid contains 500 mg of Vitamin C. In majority of cases, taking this much amount of Vitamin C is overdose. Using it for prolong duration can be harmful. If you are Vitamin C deficient you can use it regularly, though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341206376300230/k2311a0612/6.12.08