Untraceable  » Movies  »
  • Everyone I know uses the Internet so I can understand how it can become an obsession
  • After seeing a bunch of lame thrillers over the past few weeks, it was refreshing to find a movie that not only offered a unique and believable concept but followed through with amazing execution as well

• by Steve

Everyone I know uses the Internet so I can understand how it can become an obsession. So, when I picked up the movie Untraceable, about a Web site that feeds off viewer ship and murders people, I really could relate.

What made the movie Untraceable believable is the fact everything in the movie

legitimately could happen (though I do think the person running the site would likely be caught faster).

And, if someone did go out of their way to broadcast a murder, I’m sure it would have millions of views like the one on the film did too.

The great thing about this film though ...

• was the fact it was well-written.

The characters ranging from the agents trying to track down the killer to the killer himself had a lot of depth.

In fact, once the killer’s identity and motive were revealed, I had a hard time feeling sorry for some of his victims (who really are connected

to each other rather than being randomly chosen).

After seeing a bunch of lame “thrillers” over the past few weeks, it was refreshing to find a movie that not only offered a unique and believable concept but followed through with amazing execution as well.

I have no complaints about what turned out to be a great movie.

Untraceable

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111106375580930/k2311a0611/6.11.08