Concrete Angel by Martina McBride  » Music  »
  • The song speaks about the current problem of our society--child abuse
  • And I think, it is deserving to be in that position

• by eden_shii

I’ve always love Martina McBride. Her songs always touches me and I can always feel the emotions of the song. I remember how her songs really makes me feel pain and happiness. Even if I’m not inlove, but I always felt inlove when listening to her love songs.

But the song

‘Concrete Angel’ which she performed is really very good. The lyrics, the music composition and arrangement plus the vocal performance of Martina McBride made me fully understand it’s meaning.

The song speaks about the current problem of our society–child abuse. The child in the video was always beaten by her alcoholic mother. There are people, like the teacher, who ignores the sign of abuse. There is another child who keeps on comforting the abused child. I think he is the angel. The sad thing is, the abused child died. But in the end, she went with the angel.

The song really made ...

• Concrete Angel by Martina McBride
      me cry the first time I heard it and seen its music video. This sad song really tells us the sad story of our current society. We often see kids suffering but we only ignore it.

The song reached top 5 of the chart. And I think, it is deserving to

be in that position. How I wish that it will always be played in the radio to somehow let the people be aware of our society. If there is a song which actually changed my views, it’s this song.

This song is very well arranged with truly great composition and lyrics.

melissa says :

did Martina Mcbride write the song herself. And what does Martina McBride think of the song???????????????????

Vital Expressions says :

The song was written by Rob Crosby and Stephanie Bentley, I am not sure what Martina thinks of it, but I’d imagine she would feel sad for Angela Carter, who was beat to death.

eden_shii replies :

That is correct. This song, as I can recall, was used for the campaign against child abuse. -)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 141106375560930/k2311a0611/6.11.08