Law and Order: Criminal Intent Season 1  » TV  »
  • Criminal Intent Season One now is a fairly different experience than watching it when the season first aired years ago
  • The show itself doesn't spend a lot of time on introducing you to the main characters, but I definitely like that
  • I thought that a lot of the shows seemed a little like episodes from the other two series

• by Jenn Eblin

Watching Law and Order: Criminal Intent Season One now is a fairly different experience than watching it when the season first aired years ago. I actually remember when the show first started because my parents were big fans of the original Law and Order and I actually watched Special Victims Unit rather religiously. Yet I couldn’t help but be put off by yet another spin off of the original franchise. Somehow though this one seems to work.

The show itself doesn’t spend a lot of time on introducing you to the main characters, but I definitely like that. There aren’t any struggles like you might see in other television shows, but that’s mainly because Dick Wolfe has the idea of how to make a television show down pat. He doesn’t need to introduce any big concepts or ideas because we already know how the Law and Order system works.,

I have to say that I was expecting to see more crossovers between the two shows than we actually got. Sam Waterson who plays the DA on the original show never appears. In fact the only crossover characters that we see are the assistant DA in one or two episodes. Then we get one scene involving the phenomenal Jerry

Orbach and Jesse L. Martin.

I also have to say that the pairing on this show is as good as Benson and Stabler on Special Victims Unit, or the aforementioned Orbach and Martin from the original series. Everyone always talks about Goren, but Eames is without a doubt my favorite of the two. Eames is more laid back and less high strung. We don’t learn a lot about her personal life, but the show does drop a few hints at her life outside the department if you pay attention. Her father was a well respected police officer, her husband was an officer that died on the job, and she seems to be the only one that can handle Goren. There’s one great episode where we see that she apparently knows more about cars and engines than any other woman in history.

When I watched this season, I assumed that they would tone down the character of Goren over the years because he is more high strung and crazy than any other character on television. However as the season progresses, he seems to get even worse. It’s hard to find any sympathy for him, which is why Eames is such a great character because she tends to even ...

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101106375410930/k2311a0611/6.11.08