61 DVD Movie  » Movies  »
  • This movie is my most favorite movie of all time
  • This was a commentary and footage of Billy Crystal explaining why he wanted to make the film

• by kenatra

This movie is my most favorite movie of all time.

For anyone who isn’t aware of the movie, *61 is about the race between Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris to beat Babe Ruth’s home run record in a season. The film is directed by Billy Crystal and has one of the most special messages of any movie I’ve seen.

While the movie plot is obvious and one that we have probably witnessed over the course of the last several years, there is a much bigger message in the film. It’s

more about being the underdog and excelling in the face of adversity. When I saw the film for the first time, I was overwhelmed and speechless at the end. It had touched me so strongly that I just sat in awe. Luckily, my coma state prevented me from stopping the credits.

Something told me to also explore the DVD a little further as this was a special film. I went back to the menu and decided to explore “the making of the film” (something I rarely do). This was ...

• a commentary and footage of Billy Crystal explaining why he wanted to make the film. His presentation was so moving that I just sat there with tears in my eyes even more overwhelmed. The end result was it was the first all-nighter I have pulled by watching the very same movie all over again. After hearing how Billy speaks so passionately about it, I had to watch the movie again .right then and there. Well, that’s all it took. I was hooked on the film and nothing has
        had the power to replace it in my catalogue of favorites.

To make the movie even more powerful, it is lined up with two superstars; Thomas Jane and Barry Pepper. These guys reveal such a realistic and special bond in the film that you actually feel like you are a part of their lives. They are very strong performers and know how to pull at your heart strings. If you haven’t seen the film, you are missing out on a very special piece of art. See it soon and bring some tissues.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111106374840830/k2311a0611/6.11.08