Sidekicks Oven Roasted Garlic Tortellini
  • Of all the Sidekicks products I have tried this has to be the best
  • To begin with, when I went to put the Tortellini past into boiling water I noticed how authentic it looked

• by Melissa Glenn

I was tired of serving French fries and went looking for a different sort of side dish; I ended up buying Sidekicks Oven Roasted Garlic Tortellini. I had worked in an Italian restaurant during College, and remembered how much I had loved Tortellini, so feeling slightly nostalgic I went hope to give this packaged product a try.

Of all

the Sidekicks products I have tried this has to be the best. To begin with, when I went to put the Tortellini past into boiling water I noticed how authentic it looked; not cookie cuttered at all. There certainly appeared to be enough for a side dish for several people.

I cooked the pasta according to directions then added ...

• the water and milk and powder mix to form the sauce. While it cooked I noticed the sauce looked quite thin, especially for a cheese sauce, although I could smell several different blends of cheeses. The back of the package said that the sauce mix contained Ricotta, Emmenthal, Camembert, and Cheddar.

There was no need to worry; despite quite

a thin sauce this pasta was very tasty, and I could definitely taste garlic butter. Next time I’m going to cook it with some shrimp and make it a meal instead of a side dish, this was a fantastic product! Sidekicks are manufactured by the Lipton group of companies, retail for about $1.88CDN and are distributed to supermarkets by Lever.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271006374480130/k2311a0610/6.10.08