Swanson Beef Dinner
  • This 325gram boxed frozen dinner looked absolutely delicious
  • My potatoes were creamy, my green beans were crisp, the desert smelt spicy and out right divine, and the problem was the beef

• by Melissa Glenn

I picked up this Swanson Beef Dinner as a two for one deal on Swanson products. This 325gram boxed frozen dinner looked absolutely delicious; rich pieces of roast beef in gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans and a bonus apple-cranberry desert. As always Swanson gives you the option of either cooking your dinner in the oven, or microwaving it on high for

five minutes. I always put them in the oven; I find I get a much better taste this way.

This dinner smelled divine while it was cooking especially the roast beef, I couldn’t wait to eat it. When I did dish it out of the plastic tray, I was pleased to find that none of the ingredients had seeped through into the ...

• next compartment. My potatoes were creamy, my green beans were crisp, the desert smelt spicy and out right divine, and the problem was the beef.

I had to look twice to make sure I was seeing straight. There were two half moons of roast beef in a lot of gravy. The beef was so small in its compartment I started to wonder

if the packaging had gone wrong. Where was the rest of it?

I did enjoy this dinner, but there was a noticeable absence of beef. What there was juicy and tasty but very small and I had hoped for more beef. Hopefully Swanson will include more beef next time, if they don’t this is one of their dinners I won’t buy again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271006374470130/k2311a0610/6.10.08