Swanson Salisbury steak packaged dinner
  • I prefer the oven, as I find the dinner always seems to feel more like a home cooked meal this way
  • Even better, this dinner came with a bonus cranberry desert which was simply delicious
  • All in all I enjoyed this Swanson Salisbury steak dinner, and at only $2.50CDN I couldn't possibly have made it for this price

• by Melissa Glenn

I am not usually a huge fan of television dinners but I do love Swanson products, so when their packaged dinners came on sale two for $5 I just had to buy them. The first one I selected was the Salisbury steak dinner with mushrooms, gravy potatoes and corn, perfect comfort food for me.

The great thing I find about

Swanson dinners is that I have the option of either microwaving them or cooking them in the oven. I prefer the oven, as I find the dinner always seems to feel more like a home cooked meal this way.

This 345gram frozen dinner, came in a cute oven safe tray where each part of the meal was in a ...

• separate container so one ingredient wouldn’t ooze into the next during cooking. When I finally served it on a plate I was drooling it looked exactly like it did on the front of the box.

The Salisbury steak was juicy and moist although it could have used a little more mushrooms, I did find there was plenty of gravy, and

the potatoes and corn were great even if they were a little on the small side. Even better, this dinner came with a bonus cranberry desert which was simply delicious.

All in all I enjoyed this Swanson Salisbury steak dinner, and at only $2.50CDN I couldn’t possibly have made it for this price. I will definitely buy this product again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271006374450130/k2311a0610/6.10.08