FYI Zone  » Entertainment  »
Beaver Dam, WI
  • When we first noticed the FYI Zone at the Heritage Mall in Beaver Dam WI, we thought it was going to be overly expensive for what it had to offer
  • I don't know if I would want to spend a fortune throwing her a birthday party there, but it definitely would be a good place to take her on a rainy day
  • If you have kids and are in Beaver Dam, this is a place I would recommend visiting

• by Steve

When we first noticed the FYI Zone at the Heritage Mall in Beaver Dam WI, we thought it was going to be overly expensive for what it had to offer. But, our daughter really wanted to go there so we gave in and gave it a try.

We’ll be going back.

Even though the FYI Zone doesn’t offer a ton of activities, there are still plenty of things to do

there ranging from mini-golf to old-fashioned arcade games.

In fact, my wife and I are thinking about going back there without our daughter along.

Much like your average arcade, you have the opportunity to earn tickets at most of the machines in the FYI Zone.

But, unlike many arcades, the tickets are actually quite easy to earn and there are plenty of games our 3-year-old had no problems playing.

The ...

• prizes also weren’t too bad; at least she got something for her tickets rather than having to trade in several hundred for a tootsie roll or something.

I don’t know if I would want to spend a fortune throwing her a birthday party there, but it definitely would be a good place to take her on a rainy day.

Even more impressive is how friendly the staff was.

We originally

paid $6 for our daughter to play in an inflatable bounce house for up to 30 minutes.

When she quickly got bored with it and didn’t want to go back inside after only about 3 minutes, they were nice enough to offer us a $5 gift certificate for our next visit.

You just don’t see places do that anymore.

If you have kids and are in Beaver Dam, this is a place I would recommend visiting.

FYI Zone

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 591006374390130/k2311a0610/6.10.08