Cetirizine (Zyrtec Generic)  » Medicine  »
  • It wasn't until I was an adult that I found Cetirizine (Zyrtec generic)
  • Also, as a side note, I noticed that my seasonal skin breakouts minimized as well

• by Melloje

OTC (over the counter) product the generic to Zyrtec - which is exactly the same thing, but price for 14 tablets (2 weeks worth) is $11.89 compared to Zyrtec at $14.39

I’ve had horrible seasonal allergies since I was a kid and trying to wear mascara in middle school was impossible! My eyes would water and drip so much that sometimes I

couldn’t even see.

It wasn’t until I was an adult that I found Cetirizine (Zyrtec generic). I’ve tried other allergy medicines before like Claritin, which affected my mental clarity and some other OTC remedies. But after I tried Cetirizine, I’ll never turn back. Some of the problems I had with Claritin (as I just mentioned) was that it made me feel ...

• out of it and like I wasn’t “there.” It also took time to “kick in” (typically about 2 weeks). Cetirizine however never affected my energy and just automatically gave me a barrier to all the various allergens, no “kick in” time whatsoever. I felt “normal” for once and it was like pollen or dust didn’t even exist in my world.

Also, as

a side note, I noticed that my seasonal skin breakouts minimized as well. It occurred to me, that sometimes skin reactions can be mistaken for bacterial or hormonal acne, when sometimes it can be the body’s response to different allergens attacking your immune system. So this spring and summer, when I should have had my seasonal “acne” flareup, my skin was calmer.

Definitely a 10!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261006373971230/k2311a0610/6.10.08