Dover NASCAR Race  » Sport  »
  • Mark Martin first spotted his talent a number of years ago and he's earned the nickname Sliced Bread because another racer dubbed him the best thing to come along in the world since sliced bread
  • I have to admit that I was impressed by his sixth place finish, though less impressed by the attitude he took after the race
  • Personally I think he should have just shut his mouth, thanked Gibbs, and said he was proud of how he raced
  • As a Kyle Busch fan I was both excited and disappointed by the race
  • It would be interesting to see if people still think Keselowski is a god after he made it clear tonight that he doesn't deserve to be racing against the big guys

• by Jenn Eblin

The Nationwide race at Dover International Speedway was one that people will be talking about for years to come. For some people the main reason they tuned in was to see racing phenom Joey Lagono in his first major stock car debut. Mark Martin first spotted his talent a number of years ago and he’s earned the nickname Sliced Bread because another racer dubbed him the best thing to come along in the world since sliced bread. Everyone has been watching him and he was supposed to make his debut before now, but NASCAR implemented a new law stating that racers must be 18 before they started. Some claimed that Lagano was going to be the next Kyle Busch, but we’ll see about that.

Personally I’m not a big fan of Lagano despite the fact that he races for Joe Gibbs, but I get the feeling that within the next few years he’ll probably be running up front and winning races for the company, if he doesn’t leave first. I have to admit that I was impressed by his sixth place finish, though less impressed by the attitude he took after the race. He repeatedly said that he should have finished better

and stated that he thought he had a better car and deserved to finish higher than he did. Personally I think he should have just shut his mouth, thanked Gibbs, and said he was proud of how he raced. Not a lot of drivers can get away with whining after a race and we’ve all seen how the public reacts to Kyle Busch. Unless he wants to try for the title of most hated driver in NASCAR, he needs to be quiet. That’s not a great way to go about earning fans when you’re first starting out.

As a Kyle Busch fan I was both excited and disappointed by the race. When Brad Keselowski hit him on pit road, I was furious. Keselowski has a lot of nerve to complain last weekend about other guys not racing him fairly and boasting of his skills, only to do something like that during a race. If you can’t even drive off pit road without hitting someone then you don’t deserve to have that ride.

However it was exciting for me to see Kyle Busch working his way back through the field to get up to the front. I was hoping that he had a ...

• shot for the win and he did until his own teammate took him out of the race. Leffler took the high road though, which was a respectable move in my eyes. I only wish Kyle had taken a few minutes to think before he started running his own mouth. I love the guy, but he needs to shut his mouth every now and then and learn that mistakes sometimes happen.

I do wish I was at the track for this race, if only to see how the crowd reacted to Denny Hamlin winning the race. It would be interesting to see if people still think Keselowski is a god after he made it clear tonight that he doesn’t deserve to be racing against the big guys.

ParagraphDivider

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 35906373541230/k2311a069/6.9.08