KLIA Ekspres Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia.
  • The new International Airport was such an amazing architectural and engineering feat

• by Mark Williams

As new international airports were developed in the countries in Southeast Asia region, rail links between the Cities and the airports became important components. One City which had done a marvellous job was Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. When I travelled to Kuala Lumpur in earlier years, I used to take a taxi from the Kuala Lumpur International Airport to my

hotel in the centre of the City.

That would take atleast about an hour. On my last visit to KL, the scenario had changed entirely.

The new International Airport was such an amazing architectural and engineering feat. It had become one of the most modern airports in the Region too.

An electric train now linked between the Airport and ...

• the City of Kula Lumpur. Instead of a taxi, I took the KLIA Ekspres, the express train.

The carriages were very spacious and the seats were very comfortable. The trains left every 15 minutes.

It ran non-stop. I was told that it would take 28 minutes from the Airport to the City’s central station.

The ride was so smooth

and very comfortable. I was checking my watch how punctual it was.

I was so astounded to see that it took exactly 28 minutes to the central station, right on the dot. It was absolutely awesome.

I took the train too to the airport on my departure. This was one of the most modern infrastructural facilities recently developed in Southeast Asia region.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 44906373491230/k2311a069/6.9.08