River Cruise on the Ayeyarwaddy
Myanmar
  • I enjoyed delicious lunch and dinner in the restaurant on board
  • This was one of the most enjoyable and unfogettable experience I had on that holiday trip to Myanmar

• by Mark Williams

I went to Mandalay, the City in Central Myanmar, on one of my holiday trips to the country. It was beautiful awesome City with all the historical places and landmarks. My next stop was to be Bagan, another place of interest in the country for tourists.

I took the golden opportunity to take a river cruise down the River Ayeyarwaddy from Mandalay to Bagan. It was a 1-night

cruise on RV Pandaw II Cruise Boat.

It was a grand boat with main and upper decks. We boarded the boat after breakfast.

My cabin was on the upper deck , so spacious and beautifully decorated with Myanmar traditionally designed fabrics. I was amazed with the grandeur of the Ayeyarwaddy River.

This was a huge river which flows along the lenght of the country, from far north down ...

• to the delta as it flowed into the bay of Bengal. The river view from my upper deck was so beautiful , an unforgettable scene.

I sat there on the deck and just relaxed, admiring and enjoying the beautiful scenes along the river. The tour guides were excellent explaining what we were seeing and the historical backgrounds of the places we were seeing.

We passed along the

City of Sagaing and Pakokku on the west bank of the River. Service on the boat was perfect too.

I enjoyed delicious lunch and dinner in the restaurant on board. The lounge was a nice relaxing place to spend the evening too.

It was an overnight cruise. We arrived in Bagan the next day at about noon time.

This was one of the most enjoyable and unfogettable experience I had on that holiday trip to Myanmar.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4906373471230/k2311a069/6.9.08