Canon Digital IXUS 75  » Cameras  »
  • I think there is no compact digital cameras that can match Canon Digital IXUS 75 large 3 LCD panel
  • Another feature I like about the IXUS 75 is its auto slide show functions

• by Porcupine

I think there is no compact digital cameras that can match Canon Digital IXUS 75 large 3″ LCD panel.Big LCD display panel is everybody’s favorite, including me as it enables pictures and navigational buttons to be viewed easily. You don’t have to strain your eyes and scratch your head to look for certain features inside the display. And unlike most camera, picture images are easily viewed on its LCD monitor panel even in bright daylight. No wonder it doesn’t come with a viewfinder as one does not require it to shoot your objects irregardless of the surrounding lighting condition.

Even though it comes with a 3x zooming lens, the IXUS 75 is quite slim as

it is only roughly more than half of an inch in thickness. And it is by no means a heavy burden to be carried around as it weighs around 130 g only.You can easily slip it into your pocket without noticeable bulkiness and weight dragging effect.

No wonder the picture captured by this camera looks so clear as it is a 7.1 Megapixels camera. The downloaded images show little distortion even after being magnified a few times in my computer. With this camera, I find that pictures taken at night show less blurring images provided that you set it to Auto ISO shift mode. I have try it for taking a 4 to 5 ...

• persons photo which various distance from where I shoot. Surprisingly, all the faces come clear and crisp in the photo.

There are 17 shooting modes programmed into the camera. I especially like the Aquarium mode which clearly captures the images of fishes in tha Aquarium. Previously, when shooting fish images in the Aquarium with my Konica Minolta camera, the images turn out to be a reflection of the aquarium glass with bare traces of the fishes in it. I guess the IXUS 75 must be utilizing the same AF system used in Digital SLR camera which makes images capturing behind the glasses a possibility.

Another feature I like about the IXUS 75 is its

auto slide show functions. If you decide to take a view of all your captured images, using this function will take out the hassle in navigating the pictures one by one. I shall say it has an excellent images management system as one can easily select the images to be shown according to date, position, category or folder. As with other digital cameras, the IXUS 75 also lets you record movies as well as sound. Yes, you can use the camera to record some seminar talks as well.

With a price tag of around 1,100 ringgit, I think it is a value for money product as you get so many outstanding features packed in it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 43906373421130/k2311a069/6.9.08