Kandawgyi Palace Hotel Yangon  » Hotels  »
Kan Yeik Tha Road , Yangon , Myanmar
  • When I am visiting big cities, I prefer to stay at hotels a bit away from the City Centre, yet conveniently close enough to downtown area so that I could be in time to the business appointments
  • I enjoyed the buffet breakfast with many delicious items
  • Being quite close to the City Center, it was very convenient and easy to go to the business meetings and appointments

• by Mark Williams

When I am visiting big cities, I prefer to stay at hotels a bit away from the City Centre, yet conveniently close enough to downtown area so that I could be in time to the business appointments. So, during my recent visit to Yangon, I was adviced to stay at Kandawgyi Palace Hotel. The hotel was located on a lake called Kandawgyi, one of the two lakes in the City

of Yangon.

It was just 20 minutes from the Yangon International Airport, 10 minutes to the heart of the City. Just an ideal place to stay.

Very fortunately, the Shwedagon Pagoda, one of the largest and most highly worshipped pagodas in the Budddhist world, was just 15 minutes from the hotel too. The hotel was a perfect place for business travelers and for holiday makers.

I had a suite on ...

• the third floor, with a beautiful view of Lake Kandawgyi. The suite was very spacious and very well furnished and facilitated, air-conditioned, minibar, satellite TV, access to wireless internet.

The restaurants were splendid serving international cuisines. I enjoyed the buffet breakfast with many delicious items.

I very much appreciated the cordiality and friendliness of the hotel staff, and the excellent service they provided to make the stay pleasant and comfortable.

/> Being quite close to the City Center, it was very convenient and easy to go to the business meetings and appointments.

I took the opportunity to go up to the Shwedagon Pagoda. The Pagoda was fully gilded and so were the shrines surrounding the Pagoda.

To me, Shwedagon was one of the wonders in the Buddhist world. I very much enjoyed my stay at Kandawgyi Palace Hotel.

This was one of my unforgetable experiences in my travels to the Southeast Asia Region.

Kandawgyi Palace Hotel Yangon

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2906373371130/k2311a069/6.9.08