HP Compaq Presario V3000 Laptop
  • It can easily handle word processing, e-mail, and even considerably more-demanding tasks,but definitely not for serious gaming use

• by Porcupine

I have been looking high and low for a laptop computer with a branded name. Browsing through Low Yat Plaza shops, I came across the HP Compaq Presario V3000 Laptop lying on one end of the glass shelf.It comes in a dark gray color with a high gloss finishing which makes it particularly scratch resistant.It has relatively large keys comfortable enough for me to type for prolonged period. So are its mouse pad and touch buttons. The gloss finishing make the pad a little slippery to use.

Can you believe this? The laptop is equipped with Altec Lansing stereo speakers which is well known for its audio sound quality.

I find that its 14.1-inch wide-screen display with a standard 1,280×800 native resolution is decent enough. Though not as clear and crisp as a Thinkpad display, nevertheless it does deliver acceptable video quality for most of us.

As I am going to use it for personal matters, it has all the standard features that I required such as 3 USB 2.0 ports, VGA out, S-Video out, a ...

• AC adapter port that glows blue when the laptop is being charged, networking port and a 56Kbps modem. It also has a CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive that read and burned CDs, but only read DVDs.

Booting up in Windows XP Professional Edition is indeed a breeze as the laptop is equipped with a 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 512 MB of SDRAM.

It can easily handle word processing, e-mail, and even considerably more-demanding tasks,but definitely not for serious gaming use. Anyhow as I don’t play many games,

it suits me nicely. Battery life can last around 4 hours which I shall say to be quite excellent considering a laptop of this size and price. I got mine at around 1,700 local currency.

In a nutshell, I am very satisfied with the HP laptop as it fulfills all my typical computer usages need without causing a big dent in my pocket. Normally, a higher price product will demonstrate higher quality. And to me, HP means high price but in this case, I get high quality minus the exorbitant price.

satish says :

I have HP Compaq Presario V3000 Laptop AMD we use OS Vista. but a Vertical green line blink continuous Bottom of the Lcd. What Is This? Some problem in Lcd Display. Tell me….

Jules Li says :

Seems like it’s a defective LCD screen. There’s a chance that it could be the video card or software related. To test it, I would suggest connect an external display. Such as a desktop computer’s monitor using the VGA port. If the external display works fine, you’ll likely have to replace the LCD.

sathishkumar says :

what is the tool for need wifi connection in my laptop model HP COMPAQ PRESARIO V3000 and how to install or setting and connect my laptop.please reply me this is veryful for me

Jules Li says :

Compaq computers come with a wierless utility manager. You can download this and the drivers by going to compaq.com. Go to the support section and find your model computer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 63906373181130/k2311a069/6.9.08