Coca-Cola 600 NASCAR
  • The Coca-Cola 600 is one of those NASCAR races that real fans consider one of the biggest races and one of the races they have to see in person along with the Daytona 500 and the Brickyard 400
  • The race itself isn't boring or disappointing per say, but definitely very long and too long to sit through without getting up and walking around
  • Personally I think those people need to get a life and move on from one little incident
  • Since I like both drivers, I was happy though I wasn't happy when both men were booed frequently by those in the crowd
  • I was also disappointed at the fans who threw beer cans on the track

• by Jenn Eblin

The Coca-Cola 600 is one of those NASCAR races that real fans consider one of the biggest races and one of the races they have to see in person along with the Daytona 500 and the Brickyard 400. For the last two years I’ve been lucky enough to see the race in person and this year was only slightly less disappointing than the 2007 race. The race itself isn’t boring or disappointing per say, but definitely very long and too long to sit through without getting up and walking around. Since it is so long, you’re never really sure who is going to win. Your favorite driver could lead 200 laps and still not win the race and that’s exactly what happened to me for the last two years.

Going into this year’s race there were three names everyone was talking about: Greg Biffle, Kasey Kahne (winner of the race the week before), and my personal favorite Kyle Busch who had won three races during the season. I was personally rooting for Kyle Busch because he’s one of my favorite drivers and had won the Nationwide race the night before, but at the same time I had a feeling that he wasn’t going to win the race.

During driver introductions I wasn’t surprised to hear the crowd booing for Kyle Busch because everyone seems to hate him right now. I was surprised though to hear people booing Denny Hamlin. Apparently

there were a lot of Dale Earnhardt Junior fans in the crowd who wanted Hamlin to pay for “messing” with one of Junior’s drivers the night before. Personally I think those people need to get a life and move on from one little incident.

Once the race started, the first half seemed to be all about the Busch brothers: Kyle and his older brother Kurt. Since I like both drivers, I was happy though I wasn’t happy when both men were booed frequently by those in the crowd. It was pretty clear that most people wanted Earnhardt Junior to win, but since I don’t like him at all, I was happy to see other people leading the race.

When Junior did take the lead, I literally wanted to scream and did scream. I can’t stand the way he thinks he’s better than everyone else and the way his fans think he should win every race when he hasn’t won in over two years now. Thankfully he lost the lead and I got even more excited.

The end of the race was exciting, yet disappointing at the same time because it once again came down to a fuel mileage race. The winner was whoever could get off pit road the fastest. For awhile it looked like Tony Stewart would win, then Dave Blaney, then Kyle Busch but finally Kasey Kahne ended up with the win. I’m not a fan of ...

• Kahne nor do I dislike him, but I was still disappointed by the outcome. I was also disappointed at the fans who threw beer cans on the track.

It was a fairly good race, but I’d be happy if they took away a few laps and maybe made in 500 miles instead of 600. 600 miles is a long time to sit on a hard bleacher seat.

ParagraphDivider

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 35906373041130/k2311a069/6.9.08