Black&Blue by Backstreet Boys  » Music  »
2.5
  • It definitely did not meet any of my expectations
  • The album had a new type of design, this time there was no picture on the front and the design inside the CD was much more interesting and professional

• by Tanya

This is the fourth album by the international successful pop group the Backstreet Boys. This is also their last album before the group broke up (before the current re-union).

I have really waited for that album, thinking about how wonderful it was going to be.

I must mention that at

the time I was a really big fan.

I absolutely loved their previous albums and played them over and over, sometimes even 10 times a day.

But I must say that this album was a major disappointment for me.

It definitely did not meet any of my expectations.

I have expected to hear a more mature and serious album, with more contributions from the guys themselves.

The album had a new type of design, this time there was no picture on the front and the design inside the CD was much more interesting and professional.

Half of the songs on ...

• Black&Blue by Backstreet Boys
      the album were produced by big names and were an unsuccessful attempt at reaching that new emerging RNB and Hip Hop sound.

But it was clear that the boys were not up to the task, not vocally and not in terms of image.

They also lacked a major point- originality

and individuality! The other half of the album were indeed songs written by the group members- for the most part some over done- overly sweet and unimaginative love songs dedicated to the women in their lives.

I’m sure the ladies really loved it, but for anyone else it was a torture to hear it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 14906372961130/k2311a069/6.9.08