Michael Lombardi  » Sport  »
  • After working in the player personnel departments of several NFL teams, Lombardi is able to bring first-hand experience with him when he writes his columns
  • And, his attention to detail in those columns is amazing
  • I have to admit, I was amazed at how he was able to outline a specific plan of attack that I think most teams would consider
  • I believe Sports Illustrated got a steal when he became available as a writer for them

• by Steve

Even though I read a lot of columns relating to NFL football, I usually don’t take the writers 100 percent at their word because, after all, they are just writers; what do they really know?

Sports Illustrated columnist Michael Lombardi is an exception. After working in

the player personnel departments of several NFL teams, Lombardi is able to bring first-hand experience with him when he writes his columns.

And, his attention to detail in those columns is amazing.

Just this morning, I read an article of his relating to how teams can prepare for the future if a new agreement can’t be hammered out with players and the league is forced to play without a salary cap or draft.

I have to admit, I was amazed at how he was able to outline a specific plan of attack ...

• Michael Lombardi
      that I think most teams would consider.

I believe Sports Illustrated got a steal when he became available as a writer for them.

You just aren’t going to get the same amount of insight from a person who only experiences the game from the press box.

I’m not sure why he’s not working in the NFL right now, but I’m sure glad I’m able to read his columns.

I think he’s increasing my knowledge of the game ten-fold and I would recommend reading his columns if you want to be more than an average football fan.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 35906372771030/k2311a069/6.9.08