Club 208 Beaver Dam  » Entertainment  »
2.5
Beaver Dam, WI
  • And, to be honest, while the newest owners seem to be running the club better than before, I'm still not overly impressed with it
  • I think a lot of it is the choice of music

• by Steve

I’m not much for going out to dance clubs. But, my wife likes going out with her friends and they need someone to be a designated driver.

Club 208 in downtown Beaver Dam has been owned by several different people under several different names.

And, to be honest, while the newest owners seem to be running the club better than before, I’m still not overly impressed with it.

/> For a dance club, it’s really never that hopping (to use a term my wife uses).

The dance floor is almost always empty, except for a few drunk women who are trying to attract a mate by shaking their rears.

I think a lot of it is the choice of music.

Maybe I’m getting too old to be out at bars but I never recognize any of the ...

• songs that are playing and can’t see how people are able to dance to them.

Not to mention their speakers always seem to have a high-pitched squeal; like they burned out a while ago but nobody bothered to replace them.

If I can say anything good about Club 208, it would be about the price of the drinks.

They are a lot cheaper than other places I’ve taken

my wife.

And, because I’m driving, I’m able to get all the Pepsi I want to drink for free.

However, when it comes to mixing drinks (something my wife likes), the bartenders don’t seem to have a clue and we’ve found it’s just best to buy a bottled drink out of their refrigerator.

I don’t mind going to Club 208, but it’s not the first place I would spend a Friday night.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 59906372401030/k2311a069/6.9.08