Emotional Rescue Beaver Dam
Beaver Dam, WI
  • Apparently, they had a problem with people dancing on their tables at one point so they just took the tables out and put plywood in the booths so people can dance without doing any damage
  • My wife tells me the mixed drinks there are the best

• by Steve

I spent a few minutes before reviewing a club in downtown Beaver Dam. This time, I’m going to review the bar that’s across the street from it.

Emotional Rescue; often referred to as ER, is more of a traditional tavern for those who want to go out and party a bit on Friday nights but don’t really like the whole club atmosphere.

Unlike many of

the clubs/bars in Beaver Dam, ER is a place that I actually feel somewhat comfortable at even though I’m usually not drinking (I’m almost always the designated driver).

Even though the bar has dancing, they’ve set it up where the dance floor doesn’t mess with those of us who just want to socialize.

In fact, my only real complaint is they don’t have enough places ...

• to sit.

Apparently, they had a problem with people dancing on their tables at one point so they just took the tables out and put plywood in the booths so people can dance without doing any damage.

My wife tells me the mixed drinks there are the best.

They have just the right amount of alcohol in them; enough to help her relax but not

so much where she’s getting drunk after a couple drinks.

The bartenders there seem extremely friendly too.

My only real complaint about it is the price.

Mixed drinks sell for around $3.

50 and, unlike other clubs/bars in the area, I don’t get free soda for being the driver.

But, when it comes to taking my wife and her friends out on a Friday night, that would be my first choice.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7906372391030/k2311a069/6.9.08