Avon.com  » Web sites  »
  • This past month, I bought her a bracelet through Avon
  • However, I like paying through my pay pal account (it's the one account my wife doesn't have access to so she doesn't know what I bought her)
  • I think I could find the same products at a comparative price with half the headaches

• by Steve

I usually try to surprise my wife with a “just because” gift about once a month or so. This past month, I bought her a bracelet through Avon. com.

While I got a quality product at a halfway decent price, I wasn’t sold on the Web site. First, order the bracelet wasn’t too bad.

However, I like paying through my pay

pal account (it’s the one account my wife doesn’t have access to so she doesn’t know what I bought her). Avon accepts pay pal but they require me to use the “buyer’s credit” feature which kind of sucks because I have to transfer the money into my checking account and then pay off the balance using that.

I’m also not ...

• a big fan of their tracking after I ordered my item. Shortly after ordering it, I got an E-mail confirmation saying they shipped it through UPS.

They even gave me a tracking number. After a few days, the item wasn’t moving at UPS and, just as I was about to call to find out why, it arrived.

Only, when it

arrived, it did so through the mail, not UPS. Talk about confusing.

Am I happy with my purchase? Yes. Well, at least my wife is.

However, after my experience using Avon. com, I’m not sure if I will be buying anything else there again; at least not any time soon.

I think I could find the same products at a comparative price with half the headaches.

Avon.com

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 20906372381030/k2311a069/6.9.08