Hammonasset Beach State Park Connecticut
1288 Boston Post Road, Madison, CT 06443
  • I was a little disappointed to see so many people there, however it may have been just because of the nice weather
  • There were nature walks which I found to be very interesting and relaxing
  • It's definitely an inexpensive trip and a lot of fun
  • I would strongly recommend Hammonasset Beach State Park to anyone who is in Connecticut or nearby

• by Marc

Most people never think of beaches when Connecticut is mentioned. I know I certainly didn’t. Just last weekend I visited Hammonasset Beach in Madison, Connecticut. It’s a great beach, one of thebest I have been to in the north.

I lucked out and went on a very sunny day. Much to my surprise, the beach was very warm; I

expected gusting winds and cold sand. I was a little disappointed to see so many people there, however it may have been just because of the nice weather.

The park was a lot bigger than I expected and there was tons to do. There were nature walks which I found to be very interesting and relaxing. It was fun to ...

• climb on the rocks and walk out on the jetty. It was pleasant to see so many families and locals just hanging out and fishing.

The facilities at the beach were much better than those of other beaches that I have visited. There were bathrooms which were clean and even a small fast food joint. Surprisingly, the food at the

fast food place was very inexpensive compared to other state beaches that I have visited.

There was a small fee to enter the state park, but luckily it is based upon a car, not the amount of people. It’s definitely an inexpensive trip and a lot of fun. I would strongly recommend Hammonasset Beach State Park to anyone who is in Connecticut or nearby.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38906372371030/k2311a069/6.9.08