The Children’s Museum Hartford CT  » Travel  »
950 Trout Brook Drive, West Hartford, Connecticut
  • I learned so much at this museum, all the while having a ton of fun
  • I would strongly recommend the museum to anyone, with children or without

• by Marc

The Children’s Museum in West Hartford, formerly the Connecticut Science Center, is a great place to take the kids or even go yourself. I find it to be not just for children but for adults as well!

Visiting the Children’s Museum made me feel like a little kid again, and it got me interested in a lot of science. I learned so much at this museum,

all the while having a ton of fun.

I was very surprised upon arriving to the museum that I didn’t even have to pay admission because it’s free on Sundays. As soon as I walked in I walked into a room full of exotic animals that were rescued or donated. It was really cool to see these animals; I was really surprised that such a ...

• small museum would have so many animals. There was an employee of the museum that was sitting in the hallway of the animal exhibit with one of the animals and she was letting everyone pet it while telling everyone all about it. It was a really great experience. The kids loved it and so did I!

There were so many other things to do and

see there. The museum was very clean and the staff was very kind and informative. The only downside to the museum is that there are no dining facilities and it could use a little bit of an update, however I had a great time!

I would strongly recommend the museum to anyone, with children or without. It’s a great place to go on a weekend!

Ed says :

The Children`s Museum in West Hartford was formerly the Science Center of Connecticut, NOT the Connecticut Science Center. The name change occurred in 2004 as the Connecticut Science Center, a completely separate entity located in downtown Hartford, was beginning to be built. The difference between the two is mainly in the targeted ages. While the Children`s Museum is geared towards younger kids, the Connecticut Science Center picks up around age 7 and goes through high school science and beyond. Also the scale of the two science-based venues are noticably different, with the Children`s Museum being approximately 35,000 square feet and the Connecticut Science Center being 144,000 square feet. See more at CTScienceCenter.org.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38906372361030/k2311a069/6.9.08