Six Flags New England  » Travel  »
Route 159, 1623 Main Street, Agawam, MA 01001
  • Had I paid $50, I would definitely say that the park was not worth it
  • It was probably the best rollercoaster I've ever been on

• by Marc

Just last week I went to Six Flags New England which is located in Agawam, Massachusetts. It wasn’t exactly what I had expected it to be, however it was certainly not horrible.

I got a coupon from a Dunking Donuts to get $20 off of a ticket, which it normally $50. Had I paid $50, I would definitely say that the park was not worth it. It’s in an odd location, with farms

all around it and the Connecticut River in the back of it. The grounds of the theme park were somewhat taken care of, however there was a lot of trash laying around and some of it looked overgrown; certainly something that would not be seen at parks like Disney and Hershey Park.

The parking fee was ridiculous; I paid $15 to park far from the park while others paid $20 to park a little closer. I thought it was way too expensive. Once I got into the park things were a little better. It was comforting that there was security and as soon as I walked in it was like walking into a story book. There was a little village with shops and the smell of carnival food and cotton candy was everywhere. The towering Superman rollercoaster was looming over the little village.

It was crowded ...

• Six Flags New England
      and the lines for the rides were about 30 to 45 minutes. Some of the rides were disappointing and it was a waste of time to wait for such a long time. However Superman made up for all of the waiting. It was probably the best rollercoaster I’ve ever been on.

Around noon I was ready for lunch. There was certainly no lack of food choices however the prices were astronomical.

A slice of pizza was a little over $6 and a cheeseburger was $9. Luckily I brought lunch and they let me leave the park and come back later.

Even though everything was expensive and the lines were long, the people working there were very nice. Going to Six Flags New England made me feel like a little kid again. It’s a good place to go once or twice, but only if you get discounted admission.

Six Flags New England

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38906372311030/k2311a069/6.9.08