The Devil Wears Prada (PG-13, 2006) movie
  • First and foremost, the true star of this film is definitely Meryl Streep, whose role is said to be patterned after Vogue's head hauncho Anna Wintour
  • I like the look, and I can see how the stylists fashioned a chilly, yet stylish look for Meryl's character Miranda Priestly
  • Anyway, the fashion in the film wasn't as fabulous as I thought it would be
  • Despite the heavy box office turnout, and its monetary success, I found this movie to be tad overrated

• by Famous

It is now 2008, and I just now got around to watching “The Devil Wears Prada. ” This is because I am not prone to watching films that feature implausible storylines with patchy endings, over-the-top soppy acting, and so on and so forth. But I was attracted to this film only because I wanted to see what all the hype was about.

First and foremost, the true

star of this film is definitely Meryl Streep, whose role is said to be patterned after Vogue’s head hauncho Anna Wintour. I really didn’t know much about Wintour outside of the fact that she has a distinct page boy bob style and wore large exotic shades.

I like the look, and I can see how the stylists fashioned a chilly, yet stylish look for Meryl’s character Miranda Priestly. In any event, I didn’t like that Anne Hathaway was cast in this role.

For one thing, the transformation for her from frump to fabulous was a little “anticlimactic. ” And I personally found Anne Hathaway’s presence in the movie to be a little tiring.

There is something about her that can’t be taken seriously. It’s as if no matter ...

• The Devil Wears Prada (PG-13, 2006) movie
      what film she’s in, there is only the semblance of a teen actress trying to be an adult.

It’s strange. I saw it in the scenes where she and actor Adrian Grenier were supposed to be lovey-dovey.

They just had no passion, and I’m thinking it’s because of her as opposed to him (even though he had a minor role. ) Anyway, the

fashion in the film wasn’t as fabulous as I thought it would be.

And even Gisele Bundgen’s presence wasn’t enough to make the film “feel” fabulous. Despite the heavy box office turnout, and its monetary success, I found this movie to be tad overrated.

Meryl is indeed great at playing the chilly businesswoman. But she needed a better screenplay, better wardrobe, and some better supporting actors.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11906372110930/k2311a069/6.9.08