Cloverfield  » Movies  »
1.0
  • Unfortunately, Cloverfield turned out to be the worst monster movie I've ever seen
  • The problem with this movie is how it was filmed
  • But, first of all, you would think that video camera's battery would have gone dead after a few hours and I know it certainly wouldn't have survived being dropped as much as it is
  • When this movie came out at the theater, I wanted to go see it and was disappointed when I didn't get a chance to do so
  • I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, even if there was nothing better to watch on television

• by Steve

I love monster movies. Even if the special effects aren’t the greatest and the plot is weak, the fact I can see some giant monster destroying a city is usually enough to make up for it.

Unfortunately, Cloverfield turned out to be the worst monster movie I’ve ever seen.

The problem with this movie is how it was filmed.

While the idea of telling the

story through a home-video camera might work in films like Blair Witch, it just doesn’t do this movie justice.

How are you supposed to be scared when you rarely see the monster and never see the destruction it does? Yeah, I get it, the people are scared of what’s going on outside and you’re trying to document that.

But, first of all, you would think ...

• that video camera’s battery would have gone dead after a few hours and I know it certainly wouldn’t have survived being dropped as much as it is.

And really, who in their right mind is going to flee a monster and still carry the camera on their shoulder?

when I didn’t get a chance to do so.

Now that I have seen it on DVD, I have to say I’m glad I didn’t waste my money on it.

I’ve seen 60s monster films with low-budget special effects that are better than this movie.

I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone, even if there was nothing better to watch on television.

Yes, it is that bad; no joke.

Cloverfield

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11906372090930/k2311a069/6.9.08