2008 Caribbean Festival
Atlanta, GA
  • What I really love about these festivals is the wonderful food
  • But that is because I enjoy the atmosphere that this carnival creates each year

• by Famous

I was dying to go to the Caribbean Festival in Atlanta this year. I went a few years ago and I was quite pleased with the atmostphere, and the people dressed in all their costumes and what not. This year, I will admit that I missed the actual parade.

But I did get a chance to wander around Woodruff Park and see and the sights. Let the record show that while I had a very good time, I would be

very surprised if someone from out of town came to the festival and thought that there was a thick display of fare from other countries.

In fact, I was telling a friend that in many ways, the booths seemed to house items that I have already seen on the weekends at the Five Points Flea Market. There were the same oil and incense peddlers, the same booths housing some cheesy artwork and other things you can buy anywhere—like sunglasses.

(There was some really really ...

• good artwork in some booths. ) What I really love about these festivals is the wonderful food.

There were the typical booths offering beer and wine, and of course the typical frozen lemonades and other cool treats. But the main attractions were surely the booths wherein jerk chicken, wings, and other foreign delights were being cooked.

Truly, the smells are what attract people to the Caribbean festival (outside of the actual performances, of course) - but overall, there was more

“common” stuff that i saw than exotic fare. Like I said, I had a great time.

But that is because I enjoy the atmosphere that this carnival creates each year. If you happen to catch one, you’ll probably enjoy it.

Just make sure you park at a MARTA train station and take the train to Five Points. It’s easier than paying to park at the Underground, or trying to fight through the busy streets to locate “reasonably priced” parking.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 59906372050930/k2311a069/6.9.08